Author Topic: How to use interaction and transition?  (Read 1945 times)

alex

• View Profile
How to use interaction and transition?
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:51 PM »
Hi, I want to do 2 things with this asset, play custom particle effect and transition between presets.

1. I made a simple particle system and added it to SuimonoModuleFX prefab, then selected it as Fx_Effect_Object.ParticleEffect. But it doesn't show up.

2. Doc mentions there's a transition API, but I can't find it anywhere.

Please help!

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: How to use interaction and transition?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
Hi alex,

I think perhaps you are missing a step for the particle FX.  You need to make sure you save your particle system as it's own prefab first.  Dragging a particle system from your scene into the Module FX library won't work properly... Try the following...

1) make a new prefab somewhere in your project folders.
2) drag your particle system onto the prefab to save it, and give it a unique name.
3) in the Module FX list click the 'Add New System' button
4) drag your Prefab into the slot.
5) play your scene once and then stop, just to make sure the new particles get registered.

Once you do this you should now see this particle system showing up in each of your fx_object lists.

The Preset Transition API is currently disabled, unfortunately, as there were some bugs that were recently introduced.  I'll make sure this is up and working for the next update.

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:48 PM »
Hi,

It works! I was too hurry to start my test, native particle system uses "Local" as its default simulation space, so my particle was instantiated at a weird position instead.

Reopen the scene is a bit faster than play/stop it to register new particles. But that delete button on SuimonoModuleFxInspector doesn't work for me, so I can't delete partciels  ???

Expecting new transition API!  ;)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:22:48 AM »
so I can't delete partciels
I noticed this too as I was typing out a reply to you.  :-[  Not sure when that stopped working... I'll get this fixed ASAP!