Author Topic: UPDATE 1/12/16 - Eye Advanced Version 1.0.3 Released  (Read 1335 times)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
UPDATE 1/12/16 - Eye Advanced Version 1.0.3 Released
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that Eye Advanced version 1.0.3 is now ready for download...

Download Here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/download
The main focus of this release was bringing some realism-oriented tweaks to the shaders with additional characteristics like limbal darkening, improved specular model, and better corneal normals.  I've also fixed some errors in the parallax calculation that was causing artifacts while viewed from extreme angles.  All in all these changes should add an extra dimension of realism.

I've also updated the online demo to show Eye Advanced with a character.  This doesn't affect the download (character is not included, sorry!) but I thought it was important to show how the eyes look in context.  If you're interested, you can take a look at the updated demo here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/eyeadvanced/demo/

Version 1.0.3 has also been submitted to the Asset Store and should be available there soon.

As always, let me know if you have problems/questions/feedback etc, either by email or on the forums!

All the best,
Justin Kellis
Tanuki Digital

------------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES - Version 1.0.3
------------------------------------------
- Adjusted shader for more realistic rendering.
- Added Limbal edge darkening calculation on cornea.
- Reformulated Specular for stronger directional highlights.
- Custom Normal Distribution shader functions for a clearer Cornea.
- Adjusted Parallax function to remove distortion and artifacts.
- Adjusted iris textures for detail and contrast.
- Removed back scattering function (was too subtle to justify the additional calculations.)
- Online Demo now shows eyes in-context with character example (not included in download).