Author Topic: EyeAdavance  (Read 2788 times)

Ian

• View Profile
EyeAdavance
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »
Hi guys,
I just purchased EyeAdavanced, installed as per the instructions shown on the pdf file.
All I get is a black circle in my scene which I can see is an eyeball by the shape of the wire frame.
My question is, how do I get it from there into 2 eyes in my character.
Is there another instruction page I have missed as it seems I am missing something.
I am new to Unity, but even so if there is something I should know it should be explained, or at least say you need to know Unity.

I have used a Daz character, which after a lot of trial and error I have everything working well and looking great except for the eyes and hair.
Eyes are just looking grey and lit up and the hair I almost have right but am still having trouble with shaders.
It seems right now I am wasting my money purchasing products to try fix this as none seem to work and have very vague instructions.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: EyeAdavance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:53 AM »
Hi Ian,

In most cases a character will have a bone object for each eye.  To get Eye Advanced to work with these characters you would simply need to attach an EyeAdvanced eye prefab to each eye bone, and then position it into the correct location/rotation.  Some characters don't have eye bones though, and in this case you may need to attach the eye prefabs to the Head bone, and then position accordingly.

I've never used Daz character models, so I can't give you specific advice abot that.  However EyeAdvanced would be a replacement for the eyes that came with that model, not something that would "fix" what's already there.

Do you have a screenshot of the problems you see on your end?