Author Topic: GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished render  (Read 7218 times)

srahmel

• View Profile
Hi,

"GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished render"
This error occurs all the time, no matter what I try.

I did read something about reimporting trees to solve that, but that is not an option, because we have 256 terrains with around 20 trees.

As soon as I deactivate depth caluclation on the suimono surface object, the problem stops. This error causes a frameate drop of around 20%.
If I set shore layers to Terrain (which is my terrain), this happens. It does not happen with other layers set to shore layers.

Could you please have a look into that?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Thanks for the additional details Srahmel.  I'll keep looking into this and hopefully will have a fix for the next update.  Are you using custom trees, or perhaps a specific tree-package off the app store?

srahmel

• View Profile
Hi,

we are using our own speed tree models, but they are based on the orginal speed tre bundles.

Regards,
Sebastian

srahmel

• View Profile
Any News to this issue? We really could use a fix....

craftycoding

• View Profile
Hi there,

I'm having this same problem. After turning off all other features other than the Unity terrain and Suimono it's still not solved. The only way I can load my game is to disable Suimono which of course isn't good. If you need any details for debugging I'd be happy to help so let me know if there's something I can help you with. When Suimono does work it looks great although there is a certain amount of terrain showing (i.e when turning left or right I can sometimes see a square of texture where the water is supposed to be) Is there some way I can fix that? Thanks for this great system, I just want to get it perfect :)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Hi craftycoding,

I am very interested in squashing this bug obviously, but I can't track this down on my end.... I'm not sure what's up with this bug but it seems to be very specific to certain terrain settings/trees/project etc.  I wonder if there's any chance you can send me a small project with terrain and suimono so I can try debugging this in a context where the bug is actually appearing?

my direct email is konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com

retired

• View Profile
Having the same issue, the srror is coming from the Suimono Module, disabling "WATER TRANSPARENCY" in "Performance Settings" stops the error. So I am guess something there is causing it.

Tovrin

• View Profile
Having the same issue, the srror is coming from the Suimono Module, disabling "WATER TRANSPARENCY" in "Performance Settings" stops the error. So I am guess something there is causing it.

I'll have to give this a try while I'm prototyping.  Currently the error is causing massive hitching and spiked framerates and that's with only 2 pools and the ocean.

That said, this is still the best value water asset on the store, and it's certainly the easiest to use.  It just needs to get through these teething problems.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Hi All,

I think I may have come to the source of this problem with the assistance of an intrepid suimono user.  I'll have to do some more investigation over the weekend, but I'm pretty confidant a fix is on the way.  Stay tuned!

Tovrin

• View Profile
I think I may have come to the source of this problem with the assistance of an intrepid suimono user.  I'll have to do some more investigation over the weekend, but I'm pretty confidant a fix is on the way.  Stay tuned!

Awesome news!

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
For those who are seeing this error I'm attaching a hotfix file below that will hopefully fix this issue.  Simply import the update, replacing the 2 files that it asks about.  Again, I don't have this error so am finding it hard to test directly if this works so if you still see this error after using the update then let me know.

Note: Requires Suimono version 2.1.0a.

Tovrin

• View Profile
Well the error seems to be gone now.  This is a good thing.  :)

I hasn't solved the frame spiking problem though.  I'm going to have to do some more investigation on my end.  It may well be my scene.

srahmel

• View Profile
Thanks, that seems to work...
Although there seemd to we a little worse performance...

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Thanks Tovrin!  Thanks Srahmel!

Yes this fix might cause a small performance hit depending on your system setup.  I think this hit will go away once 2.1.1 is released though as I've seen about a +20% increase in sustained performance in the new version.  I'm hoping to get a preview version of 2.1.1 out to everyone in the next few days.