Author Topic: Camera movement  (Read 2529 times)

iemfi

• View Profile
Camera movement
« on: May 05, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »
How would you recommend making the sky work with a fast moving camera? When the camera moves the sky seems to jump around instead of staying in place. The sun and moon also end up looking rather silly since it looks like they're following the camera around.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:42:26 PM by iemfi »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Camera movement
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
The sun and moon do follow the camera... In real life these bodies appear stationary in the sky relative to a viewer's position on earth, you'll only notice changes in their position over extremely long distances.  If you need to simulate this in your game then you can adjust the latitude and longitude positions accordingly as you move.  But in most cases they should not move, and Tenkoku has been setup accordingly.

If you're seeing jerky movement then this might be a bug or a compatibility issue with another asset possibly?  Can you tell me more about your setup?  Are you using a 3rd party character controller?

iemfi

• View Profile
Re: Camera movement
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »
Thank you for the fast reply. I was able to fix it by removing the transform update from TenkokuModule and calling it from my camera controller instead, now it's working great. And yeah, now that I think of it it does make sense for the sun and moon not to move... I was just confused because it looked strange with the jumpy movement.

Another question, I have an object which is a procedurally generated mesh, it doesn't seem to shadows unless I set the layer to "sky" or "moon", am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to set the layer?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:46:53 PM by iemfi »