Author Topic: Somethings I encountered and some requests  (Read 2678 times)

truefx001

• View Profile
Somethings I encountered and some requests
« on: May 03, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
So after following your instruction guide step by step , btw you should update the section with having to import the package as custom package for the asset store users.
So I had a hard time getting this to work on of the reasons not mention in your instructions is , every scene has to disable the standard skybox  by going to Window/Lighting and Skybox NONE.
I was playing around and its sometimes a good quality sky  but the overcast sky is just awful. The Sun should glow more it looks just like the moon and at least in my scene it has a wired light tube going with it.
I seem not to see the stars , I see the galaxy background which is not the best quality , I see the moon and one colored dot.
My suggestion for update would be having splashes on the ground when the rain hits the ground.
And if possible having snow changing the terrain to make the ground full of snow.
Do you have any suggestions for 3rd person view environments and also maybe multiplayer anything which could synch the time and weather together?
Thank you will try to combine your ocean asset and this one and maybe post some pictures.
Keep up the good work.
Zvonko

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Somethings I encountered and some requests
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
Hi Zvonko,

Thanks you very much for your comments. :)  I should let you know that some nice updates are coming up in the next few days... particularly in regards to overall cloud and sky rendering.  The next update will actually be utilizing a custom Unity skybox and some custom image fx so the setup instructions will be changing anyway and I'll do my best to make it more clear :)

Yes, there was a bug with the stars not showing up in some cases... this should already be fixed.

Splashes and puddles on the ground (with integrated SSR reflctions) is something I'm looking into for a future update since, as you suggested, they could add so much believability to the system.  Snow build-up is something I'd like to look into as well, but this will have to wait a while until I get some other stuff up and running.

I don't have any specific functions for multiplayer yet, though I am planning on writing a few helper functions that would make syncing sky variables over a network a lot easier.  In the meantime you can look at the coding section of the documentation to get an idea of what you can change at the moment.

truefx001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Cool,
cannot wait.
I have to say your Dynamic Sky and also Suimono water are triple A quality , one suggestion like the Water can we have presets for the Sky they are so many settings and it would be helpful specially for game distribution to set it for example.Day/Clear/few clouds/3 hours , Cloudy/little bit of Rain 3 hours,Night/Clear/full of Stars/4 hours.
My Stars btw. are still not showing up and setting suggestions?
Another issue maybe just a setting thing is  The Sun when going down or up is already visible through terrain  and the horizon at night cuts the clouds which makes a bad visible image.

Keep up the great work
Here is one of my game pictures with your ocean.

truefx001

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
Hello,
so I still have following issues
  • I still cannot see the stars , only planets and the galaxy
  • The sun is still visible for awhile after sun down or before sun rise
  • The sun is visible in front of trees and hills
I don't know if you the fix for this.
Thank you
Zvonko

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »
The sun issues are likely the Light Flare on the sun object.  You can go in and disable it if it causes issues for you, but I have this disabled in the next update as well since it doesn't work with scene depth 100%.  I'm looking into a custom LightFlare in a future update.  The disappearing stars are fixed in 2.0.3 as well.  Stay tuned!