Author Topic: Weird Light  (Read 2612 times)

jf3000

• View Profile
Weird Light
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
What would be causing this light?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Weird Light
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:20:51 AM »
I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in this picture...  :-[  Can you describe the lighting problem in more detail?

However in general, if you have additional lights in your scene you'll want to disengage them from the Tenkoku "sky" and "moon" game layers you setup during install... This will keep them from actually lighting the Tenkoku sky geometry which can cause some weird visuals.  You can remove them by going to the Light objects' "Culling Mask" selection setting.

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:59 AM »
There was a light on my main camera, have disabled it. Looks better. Tell me does the sky actually move, like the stars etc the passing of night? Also could you add a reset button + also add some sort of presets like the water plugin to give different effects?

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »
This isnt working right.

1. Add to the scene and change to 0,0,0
2. If I change midnight and look its daylight
3. If I do change it again and play with the stars and galaxy settings I see that galaxy but nothing is moving.
4. Added rain, cant see rain but can hear it.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
Yes the sky will move :)  Actually by default the time is set to static, but you can turn on the passing of time by checking the "Auto Timer" option in the  TIME and POSITION tab.  The auto timer will advance time based on the "x number" setting you choose... the default is 20 which is 20 times real-life speed.  You can raise or lower this to whatever you want to control how fast time will move.  (yes negative numbers will move time backwards).  If you want time to move exactly as in real life, set this number to "1".

I've thought about adding some built-in presets for the weather... it's a large undertaking though, and would like to get specific feedback on what people would like to be included before going too far down this path.

What would your "reset" button reset to?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »
There have been some bug reports with the fog setting in the latest version, and this might be causing some of these problems for you...?  You can try turning off the fog temporarily by going to "Tenkoku DynamicSky-->SkySphere-->FogSphere" and turning off this objects' renderer component.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
and just to confirm... "midnight" should be hour=0
So you aren't seeing the night/dark sky at all?

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 08:41:07 AM »
You've given the option to change the settings of the celestial for example, if I am in there and changing everything around then in the end just want it all back to the way it was, wouldnt having a reset be handy to place everything to default?

Also the daylight at night time thing.

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »
Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
TenkokuModule.LoadObjects () (at Assets/TENKOKU - DYNAMIC SKY/SCRIPTS/TenkokuModule.js:546)
TenkokuModule.Start () (at Assets/TENKOKU - DYNAMIC SKY/SCRIPTS/TenkokuModule.js:524)

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:04 AM »
This is just getting weird.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »
OK, from the looks of your screens it doesn't look like it's tracking your scene camera properly... can you try playing your scene, and then drag your main scene camera onto the Tenkoku "Main Camera" slot while it's playing?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
ACTUALLY... to be more clear try the following...
1) play your scene.
2) goto the "Main Camera" slot under CONFIGURATION and set it to "none"
3) drag your main scene camera object onto this slot.

jf3000

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 07:42:42 AM »
Seems to have fixed the issue, very odd that was happening.

Now for round 2.

The following image I had the rain on and the sun out at 11am roughly, the sun didnt move. Thought the sky moved?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »
You mean that weird reddish purple thing in the top right?  Yeah... THIS is the built-in Unity light flare shining through everything.  Unity flares are kinda crap, in that they don't respect visual occlusion, only physics occlusion.  I'm working on scrapping the built-in lens flare and writing my own custom flare that has better visual depth occlusion, but in the meantime you can disable it here... "Tenkoku DynamicSky-->SkySphere-->SkySphereSun-->Sun" object, and disable just the LensFlare component.