Author Topic: Installing beta updates  (Read 6428 times)

monks

• View Profile
Installing beta updates
« on: December 26, 2014, 07:03:51 AM »
Hi, how do I update the beta? Is there an update process or do I need to delete the old version?

thanks,
monks

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Installing beta updates
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:56:20 AM »
Hi Monks,
If you're updating from 1.4x version, then you should delete your current suimono folder and install the suimono 2.0 package afterward.  It's essentially a brand new product... you'll also need to re-add the water_module / water surfaces to your scene as they've been almost completely updated from before.

Installing 2.0x updates is a much easier process, in most cases you can just install the updated package on top of your current 2.0x package.

monks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »
ok I did that...I have some compiler errors...I'm using 4.2.2

Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/Suimono_splashGenerator.js(21,20): BCE0019: 'objectRingsTimes' is not a member of 'SuimonoObject'.

Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/_DEMO_BETA/SCRIPTS/sui_demo_trigger.js(98,57): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Sui_Demo_ControllerType': Sui_Demo_ControllerType, Sui_Demo_ControllerType.

The suimono module in the inspector is saying it cannot load the scripts for Module Lib, FX and module. It's the same for caustic and sound modules.

Shall I try reinstalling?

monks

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:41:48 AM »
Yeah I think a reinstall is in your future.  Make sure to remove the suimono_module and any suimono_surfaces in your scene, then remove the entire suimono folder (including the "demo" folder).

After that I'd go ahead and restart unity and check out your project and make sure it's running ok and there aren't any dependency errors popping up... THEN try installing the latest version into your project from scratch.  Let me know if you still have any issues!

-Justin

monks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 11:43:01 AM »
I reinstalled and the compiler errors are fixed. Suimono package does take a fair while to load...around 5 or 6 minutes.

monks

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
OK Good!  Yeah, It's the shader variations that slow down the install... Unity does some kind of behind the scenes compiling when it encounters new shaders but I'm not sure why it takes so long.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
Incidentally, Unity 4.5 had some changes in it that significantly speeds up these shader related speed issues.  I've gotten so used to it now that anytime I go back to 4.3 or lower I wanna strangle myself it's so slow :D

monks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
 ;D...I'm probably going to go to 4.5 in 2015. Lots to do first though!

monks