Author Topic: dark water  (Read 2246 times)

Sebastiao

• View Profile
dark water
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »

Hi there,

I'm having a few problems with Suimono in our scene. The first is a roughly round black artefact on the shoreline. It's not visible from afar - from a set distance it appears and then gets bigger as you get nearer. It's visible from underwater as well. I deleted everything but the player and the water object from the scene but it won't go away. We're using a dual camera setup similar to uFPS but I tested with a single camera too and no luck.

The second problem is, the sea gets all dark when there is a particle explosion nearby. Kinda like the black spot I mentioned earlier but covering the entire sea. Also, black square artefacts appear when our missile jet particle stream intersects(visually) the water shape.

Our setup:
    - Suimono 1.48
    - Unity Pro 4.3.2f1 but Suimono is set to Unity Indie
    - Reflection and Depth Volume disabled
    - Applied on a huge spheric shape - tried different spheric meshes but still no luck
    - Dual camera setup (similar to uFPS) set to deferred shading;
    - Single directional light with soft shadows   

Thanks in advance buddy

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: dark water
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
Hi Sebastiao,

Now THAT is a strange bug indeed...  I'm just curious, does changing the single directional light direction, or intensity have any affect on this black spot?  I'll have to do some tests here and see if I can figure out what's going on.  Stay Tuned.

-Justin

Sebastiao

• View Profile
Re: dark water
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »

I'm prepping a package with an example scene for you, hang on. The direction of the light does affect it, intensity doesn't. Thanks.