Author Topic: Square artifacts, Discolourization, Chromatic aberation glitches.  (Read 2130 times)

SkobbejakGames

• View Profile
Hi,

I recently bought Suimono and signed up for the beta and as I downloaded the latest version (0.87) and imported into my project, I followed the instructions and just dragged in the SUIMONO_Module Prefab making sure it is situated in 0,0,0 World space (as it is supposed to be) and then I also added the SUIMONO_Surface prefab and position it accordingly.

Immediately I started seeing odd glitches. There seems to be weird square/rectangular artifacts across the water surface and they change depending on the view of the camera, there also seems to be this odd chromatic aberation effect around the refracted aread causing the rgb values to get seperated from one another in the refracted areas making the refracted areas looking very unnatural.

Plus during editing mode the water surface seems to have an odd greyinsh discolourization (isntead of its intended natural blue colour).

Additionally the foam also seems to be displaying weird when there are any meshes underneath it (like underwater plants, rocks etc.). 

Finally, none of the underwater effects, or splashes or caustics want to work.

I am using UFPS and did follow the workaround tutorial, in assingning the specifinc layer to just the Weapon camera and ignoring all other layers on the weapon camera while having the weapon layer ignored and all other layers viewed on the regular camera. I also made sure that the main camera is set to render in deferred while the weapon camera is forced to render on forward.

I am running Unity 4.5.2 PRO (DX9) on Windows 7 64-bit and Suimono 2.0 BETA (0.87) and the Suimono Module is set to run on  Unity Pro (NON- DX11).

I am also providing a zip file with some pics. Hope that the info is sufficient. If you need any other info please just let me know.

Please any help on the matter would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:31:29 PM by SkobbejakGames »

SkobbejakGames

• View Profile
Re: Square artifacts, Discolourization, Chromatic aberation glitches.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »
I also tried the UV Reversal mode as well as resizing the surface to either bigger or smaller but ther was no difference.