Author Topic: IOS quality issue  (Read 5298 times)

damien

• View Profile
IOS quality issue
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:18 AM »
Hello, im very disapointed with the quality when i setup suimono for IOS,  I am not sure its a bug but the water look terrible

is it supposed to be displayed like this on IOS? i expected something more realistic like some 15 $ water package that run perfectly fine on mobile.

damien

• View Profile
Re: IOS quality issue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:18:08 AM »
missed some information, im using unity free 4.5.1 on mac and i downloaded the lastest beta

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »
Thanks for letting me know Damien.  This definitely is not how the ios water should look, let me test on 4.5.1 and I'll get back to you with an update.

-Justin

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
I have the feeling that preset between unity /ios/android cant be same maybe. maybe it could come from this

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 09:11:25 AM »
Hi Damien,

I just want to make sure, when in iOS mode in Unity that you also switched the "Unity version target" target to iOS on the Suimono_Module object? 

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
nope didnt, i will try this and report

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:30:01 PM »
yes this is same, no change on quality

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »
HI Damien, just wanted to give you a note that I haven't forgotten about your iOS issues!  I'll hopefully have an updated shader for you to test soon.

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 08:52:44 AM »
thank you wish you can sort this out

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »
any updates ?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »
actually yes, I just released version 0.88... this version has completely rewritten shaders, both on the high end for Desktops as well as for lower end devices Android and iOS.  It's available to download now and I'd be very interested how it works for you. (fingers crossed)

http://www.tanukidigital.com/suimono/beta

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 12:25:52 AM »
ok thank i will test this afternoon

damien

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »
i tested it on unity 4.6, switched to ios:
the water shader is fixed in the editor now, but projection arround the boat appear with a square frame.
then i built it using xcode , tested on ipad 3, ipad mini, immediately after loading the game is crashed with the message "terminated because of memory pressure"

so i set all the textures to 256, 512 size and all compressed, but it keep crashing immediatly with all texture quality reduced it load at 220 mb and crash.

there is also 2 warning that keep running every frames about shader code conflict or something like that.

in the current state it is not usable on IOS there is something, that take too much memory

creat327

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
Chingwa, what device do you use for testing the mobile performance for this?
On your posts you say this is perfect package because it works universally: desktop + android + ios

But I've tried 4 or 5 different betas and it never worked neither on android nor ios. Ever. And I have 8 different android devices and 4 generations of iphones/ipads...

So I'm curious to know on which device you get it working :?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
damien - thanks for doing that test, and for the feedback on the memory issue.

creat327 - I don't have an iOS device, I've only been testing on a Samsung note 10.1 tablet.  Honestly while I do say in the beta description that it is mobile compatible I haven't gotten the mobile performance to a point I'm happy with yet... you can say it's all still in development, but now that the main water shaders are in a more or less final state (as of version 0.88) I feel more confidant working on the mobile versions and getting them up to speed.

I've been considering putting out some shader updates just for mobile that can be downloaded and installed as a "HotFix" on top of 0.88, so I can more quickly make updates for mobile and get on-device feedback from people.  I'll try and get the first test batch out this week, If you have the time I'd love to hear how they work for you.

I appreciate all your patience! stay tuned!