Author Topic: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....  (Read 19994 times)

standtall007

• View Profile
Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:48:35 PM »
Hi, so i have installed and made it work but not completely the way i wish to do...
let me explain:
I wish to create a water which doesn't have that wild reflection that kind of makes you think you're on some kind of drug :P i don't mean no harm by the words but i can't use that effect in my game, since i'm developing a platformer and i'm not aiming for that kind of realism. i hope the author will be of help because i sincerely do not know how to remove those effects (the water in glass effect (don't know what it is called!) and the wild reflection which doesn't look pretty in my game :( ). i thank you in advance for any kind of help i can get :)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Ah you mean the refraction effects?

On the Suimono_Surface object go to the "WATER SURFACE" section and set "refraction amount" and "refraction shift" and the "blur amount" to 0.  Also in the "UNDERWATER" section you can set the underwater "refract amt" to 0 as well.  That should turn off these types of effects.

You can also go to the Suimono_Module object under "PERFORMANCE SETTINGS" and unclick "Use Refraction & Blur FX".

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »
Hi chingwa, i'm sorry but it doesn't help because somehow the settings resets themselves every time i go into play mode to try it out :( and the performance settings is out of order :P meaning i cannot press the darn button to make it enabled / disabled (currently it is continuously disabled!)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:27:31 PM by standtall007 »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »
OK this is what you do... first, play the scene.

While it's running change the settings to your preference, then go down to the PRESETS section and click the "+NEW" button to create a new preset with these settings.  Now once you stop playing your scene, go down and select your new preset and that one will now load next time you play your scene.

I always recommend to play your scene first and change settings while it's playing.  You can save as many presets as you like. :)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »
If you get a chance can you send me a screenshot of your editor UI being out of order?  :o

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:53 PM »
Unfortunately pictures is not enough in this case but i have uploaded a video which if you get a chance can take a look at :)

here is the link : http://www.taorh.dk/taorhvideo/SuimonoTest3.mov

Cheers and thank you very much for your help ;)

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
BTW, i have here the exact same video but where there are no bubblings when i press the left mouse button which i only upload so you can see that non of the checkboxes disables them selves : www.taorh.dk/taorhvideo/SuimonoTest3_noclickbubble.mov

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »
OK, first of all I have to say that your animated cube character is awesome! :D

Thanks a lot for the videos!  That is the first I've heard where the options didn't react to clicking!  I'll have to look into this a bit on my end and see if i can recreate this here.  Can you tell me what version of Unity and what platform (mac/pc) you're using?

Also, it looks like from your scene that you should check the "Use UV Reversal" option under "GENERAL SETTINGS".  sometimes uvs in Unity can get flipped (either when using image effects or various other reasons) and it's inconsistent over different platforms which is why I programmed in the option when needed.  It seems like the reflective properties of your water are getting flipped and this option should help.

Actually, before I go there is one thing you could try... in your scene list click on the "SUIMONO_Module" object and then go up to the top menu under gameobject and click on Break Prefab Instance.  Also do the same thing for the SUIMONO_Surface object in your scene.  now try checking/unchecking some of those options... ?

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
Hi again, glad you like my temporary character (i purchased him by buying the Physics platformed kit in the asset store) but i must tell you that first: i cannot break the prefab instances since they are automatically breaked when adding them to the scene (if this is not your doing then i wonder how it dood it :P) and second: i can't even use uv reversal since it's a checkbox on the Suimon_module game object so cannot even check it :( Thanks for your time for seeing the videos :) Oh BTW i'm currently using Mac os X 10.9.3 Mavericks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:53:19 PM by standtall007 »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »
Yes, the prefabs are supposed to broken and suimono does this automatically... I just was thinking perhaps it didn't happen for some reason.  I'll look into this issue here on my end and get back to you.

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
ok thanks i'll wait :)

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:32 PM »
Btw, one last thing, to summarize what (what i think) you have said in your messages earlier... i used Unity 4.5, but now i use 4.5.1 because i thought updating might resolve the issues but no so i'm on 4.5.1 now just if you're wondering :) and if you think this could impact on Suimono Water System 2.0!

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 11:44:45 AM »
If it can be of any kind of help then i get this null reference exception:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
SuimonoModule.SuimonoGetHeight(Vector3 testObject, System.String returnMode) (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoModule.js:1051)
SuimonoModule.StoreSurfaceHeight () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoModule.js:339)

I just want to pin-point that even after having deleted Suimono and reinstalled it into my project then it still doesn't work!
Cheers.
David.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
Hi David,

To fix this error you'll need to manually assign your scene camera to the Suimono_Module object... simply drag the camera object from your scene on top of the "Scene Camera Object" field.  This should keep this error from popping up.

Suimono relies on the scene camera view and positioning for a number of it's functions which is why it needs to know what your main camera is.  But thanks for letting me know about this error, I should write a check for this so the error doesn't show up anyway.

...Still looking into the "unclickable" checkboxes issue.  No luck yet. :(

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »
I have bad news regarding the above message.... Scene Camera Object and Track Object is already set to Main Camera... so it doesn't really explain why i get that null reference :( at least not to me since i cannot understand why it reacts the way it does... i do however hope you'll be able to figure out the issue because i am honestly clueless :(