Author Topic: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....  (Read 9711 times)

standtall007

• View Profile
Re: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »
Thank you so much it now makes much more sense and yes it works totally now ;) thank you so very much for your precious help i couldn't have done gorgeous water the customizable way without your invaluable help i really appreciate your kind and generous help (i know it may sound a little over the edge but i mean it word for word ;) ) also just to clarify what i'm thanking you for... it all works now Yay!!!  ;D it is the best water system i have ever tried! i must however be honest ... ever since i purchase Suimono i haven't touched it because i felt it was exhausting to make it work like it did in the first person demo that came with it but ever since i have gotten my hands on the beta it just got reversed :D so now i felt it was worth the price and beyond! and the rest you know from in here :) but to be honest i REALLY wanted to use Suimono ever since i purchased the first version! i just couldn't make it work by my self... but the version 2.0 has so much more to offer which is also more easy to understand all-in-all than some of the other assets i have bought for my game! i just needed your superior guidance on how to use Suimono 2.0 and for that sir: Thank you very very much!  ;) i'll make sure to write you in my credits when i have gotten that far (so far i'm writing everyone's name/username down on a paper block so i don't forget :D) see ya Chingwa you're the best ;)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
haha, well great, that's great news!  I'm happy to hear your excitement and enthusiasm! :D

CESI-Art

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
but there is a script called SSAO Effect which makes Suimono Water System react that particularly way so the screen turn almost fully black!

Yes, I have noticed that if I have SSAO Effect on the camera, Suimono will render black or have severe artifacts on the screen. Any work around for this? We'd really like to use SSAO in our simulation.

Thanks,
Corey

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
Hi Corey,

I just did a test here, and you're right.  adding ssao with suimono really mucks up the rendering.  Part of the issue is that often the ssao image effect causes flipped UVs error on subsequent rendercall passes.  You can use the "use uv reversal" option on the Suimono_Module object to alleviate the uv reversal problem... but this doesn't solve the severe darkening effects that are happen in conjunction with the ssao.

I'll have to look into this a bit further to figure out what's happening.  Thanks for the heads up!

-Justin