Author Topic: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....  (Read 10094 times)

standtall007

• View Profile
Re: Regarding help with SWS 2.0 beta....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »
Hello Chingwa, i have some good news but also some bad news....

the good news is that i have made it working... YAY!!!  ;D

but the bad news is... it simply relies on how big the inspector window is... if it is too wide or too small then the button cannot recognize the mouse input even though you're not using play mode but an in editor extension... i just thought i wanted to tell you this but i also hope that you will correct this in the final release :) i thank you for your help it was very helpful to see that you could not reproduce the same bug as me :P but anyhow i just wanted to let you know (and btw i have just figured it out, it's not like i have waited a couple of hours to contact you because i think this is an important matter!).

Cheers and good luck with finishing the beta :D

P.S: i have just tried the sliders and they still go back to the original settings when going into play mode! So basically it's the checkboxes i have gotten to work now :) so i could turn the things off that you recommended :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:16:37 PM by standtall007 »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
OK Great! I'm glad it's working!  I tried changing the size of my window here but it has no effect on whether the buttons work or not... maybe it's specific to a platform/OS?

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 06:34:02 AM »
I don't know but i have found out that when i make a build of my game the screen is going black the same way as i have shown in the picture on the unity forums that is how i can play the level when using Suimono so that is very weird since i have not seen this before...

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 07:50:36 AM »
I answered you in the other forum, but can you give me your complete system specs?  You are having some unique issues, most of which I can't recreate on my end O_o  but I may be able to narrow things down if I have your specs.

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 08:09:08 AM »
Alright here goes: I use Unity 4.5.1, i use it with an iMac from 2012 which contains:
32GB ram
2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 680MX
3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7
The iMac is the 27" model

my native screen resolution is 2560 x 1440

I use the iMac with Mac OS X 1.9.3 Mavericks

i cannot think of anything else but if i'm wrong about that please do correct me :)

EDIT: ok so i just went inside the other forum and i must admit that regarding the rendering i am not fully aware but i am using the Unity Pro version! and regarding the black screening then it always comes when i have made just a small change to the scene but if i completely removes the Suimono water system the it does not show so i am pretty sure it has something to do with the water but i am not saying that it doesn't have anything to do with my computer :D i don't even know where i can see what type of rendering i'm using whether it's deferring or forward rendering... if you know then i would be happy to look into it :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:19:24 AM by standtall007 »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
Thanks for all the info!  You can check your rendering mode by clicking on your main scene camera and seeing what it says under "Rendering Path".  Since you're on a mac then that automatically answers whether you have dx11 or not (no you don't).

I'm gonna download the 4.5.1 update to my old dusty Mac Pro and see if I can recreate any of these issues. :D

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:19 AM »
you're welcome :) regarding the build video i have just made one for you to see that it works now (the black screen) in the editor but not in a build version of my game...
Here's the link if you want to see for your self :)

http://www.taorh.dk/taorhvideo/buildvideo.mov

Thank you so much for your help i really appreciate your time and effort to make me be able to use Suimono properly and i really like what you have done so far (with what i can change and edit :P) i do hope that Suimono gets very succeeded when the full v. 2.0 gets out!

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
Hi again Chingwa, ok so i have just played with the rendering path and none of the mentioned (forward and deferred lighting) has helped me and usually i use the "Use player settings" because i have never played with it until now... and just for info i still cannot change the sliders and go into play mode i can only change checkboxes where it helps...
and that also means that i cannot change the water colors so i'm currently stuck with the basic water colors... just for info :)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
OK Well I can confirm the checkbox issue on my end using the Mac (though my antique machine is stuck at OS X 10.6!).  It's just as you said, if the window gets too large or too narrow the checks don't work.  My sliders do work fine though, so it really seems to be a Mac ui issue unfortunately.  I'll check on the forums and see if anyone else has this issue.

As for the black scene, i haven't been able to recreate that yet.  Will keep looking!
It might be of use to know if it's strictly a suimono issue, or perhaps it's interacting with something else in your scene.  Can you make a build of a stripped down scene of only suimono and a scene camera?  Or can you tell me what other asset store packs you're using in your scene?

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2014, 03:42:41 PM »
Alright thanks for your feedback and about the Suimono test app i have just figured out that if i make a new scene with only the following:

Directional Light = 1.
Cube = 1
Suimono Module = 1
Suimono Surface = 1
and lastly one Main Camera

Then there is no error when building that scene only so i will investigate further to see what it may be but you have given me a great deal of hope that now i may be able to track down the issue :) Thanks chingwa ;)

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
YES!!!
I have (only thanks to your precious help and guidance! :D) finally gotten the water to NOT make black screen...
I have AGF (Axis Game Factory) from steam store but what i mean by this is that that precise level i've shown to you that turns black in an standalone version is made entirely in AGF and so is the Main Camera which i have used for lens effects and such... but there is a script called SSAO Effect which makes Suimono Water System react that particularly way so the screen turn almost fully black! but regarding the sliders then i still cannot change them so they save their new values, and that i don't know what could be the issue there, but thanks a lot for helping and guiding me in the right direction with the black screen :D

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2014, 04:13:55 PM »
OK GREAT!! :D

For the sliders... you said you can't click on them and edit them, but I wonder if it's the sliders themselves that are the problem (kind of like the checkboxes) or if it's the actual values that aren't updating.  If you click on different presets (under the PRESET MANAGER Tab) does the water change at all? (or maybe they don't react to clicks?)

If the water changes when you click then it seems like a slider ui problem only... and in that case I'm sure I could find some answers in the unity forum, somewhere.

standtall007

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
Yes the water changes presets when clicking on different presets, and the only problem now for me is the sliders keep resetting as soon as i enter play mode, but when not going into play mode then the values stay where i left them but they also resets when building (i assume since i have tried it and i could not see any changes...) :)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
Ah ok, I think this is because the preset is reverting to the selected preset?

If you put the sliders where you want them and then create a new preset (it adds the new preset to the bottom of the list).  If you click on this new preset, and then play your scene it ought to load the right settings... i.e. it won't reset the settings when you play and build a scene.  It just needs to know which preset to start with.

Try it out and let me know.  I'll also probably add a "use no preset" or some such option going forward, as this same issue has confused a number of people.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »
You can do the reverse as well... i.e. play your scene and then change the sliders to what you want, and create a new preset before you press stop.

Just make sure to click on your new preset after you stop, before you press play again.