Author Topic: Shore wave height blending and shoreline question  (Read 93 times)

cloudy

• View Profile
Shore wave height blending and shoreline question
« on: August 03, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »
Hello

I could not find the option to blend the wave height on shoreline (now, the waves go into the terrain). It's like edge blending, but it should blend the wave height. Is this option integrated in SUIMONO?

I can't figure out how I can show the shoreline. I added the shoreline prefab, adjusted the size, added the terrain layer and the preview is looking good. Unfortunately I can't see it (in play mode for sure) and the shoreline slider take no effect.

Hope you can help me!  :D

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Shore wave height blending and shoreline question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »
Hi Cloudy,

It should be the "Shoreline Height" slider that controls the height of the waves as they get close to the terrain... 1 should reduce the waves completely, while 0 should not adjust them at all.  Also make sure on your shoreline object that you adjust the "Shore Range(G)" setting so that you can see some green/yellow in the shoreline area... this defines the shoreline blend area, whereas the "Septh Range(R)" slider defines the overall wave generation area.  Should start yellow close to the shoreline, then blend to red as you go out to the ocean where it fades completely to black.

cloudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:26 AM »
Hi

Thank you for your fast answer. Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

First screenshot: You see the colors of shoreline object.
Second screenshot: No shoreline is visible.
Third screenshot: I use big waves and set shoreline height to 1. It take no effect.

:o

PS: I tried to upload the screenshot, but got the error:" The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Hmmm... the red should perhaps be expanded to an area of double the yellow area in order to show initial waves?