Author Topic: can't use invector's swimming addon with Suimono  (Read 2919 times)

omar91

• View Profile
can't use invector's swimming addon with Suimono
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »
hello , i need help with this addon, to use it with Suimono
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/third-person-swimming-add-on-97418

as stated in their demo :

(
Make sure to:
- Use the Tag "Water"
- Use the Layer "Triggers"
- Use a Box Collider checked with "IsTrigger"
- Match the Size of the box collider to be the inside of your water, just like this pool depth/height/width.
).
https://youtu.be/54WSfvNrtco?t=148

so i'd like to know where to put this Box Collider and how to make it cover all the water ,
and also the Tag and Layer where to change them ? in "SUIMONO_Module" or in "SUIMONO_Surface".
thanks in advance.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: can't use invector's swimming addon with Suimono
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
I'm not familiar with this asset, but It sounds like you just add a new cube object to your scene, scale it so it occupies the same position as your water position, then turn on the isTrigger setting on the box collider.  You'll put this box on the Triggers layer, and set the box tag to "water".  This should all happen independent of any suimono objects.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:05:15 PM by Chingwa »

omar91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 08:28:55 PM »
yea its worked , thank you : )
but i created plane not cube

Koster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 09:21:38 AM »
Should this work on any objects in principle, Chingwa?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »
In principle, yes.  However the devil is in the details, as they say.  The third person swimming pack mentioned above must have a code hook into that specific layer, looking for trigger collider.  This is a good way to work with third party assets.  If you are writing code specific for Suimono I would instead recommend lookig at the built-in 'GetHeight' functions to determine if a point is below the water surface... as this is the most accurate method particularly if taking wave offsets into account.