Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Compatibility  (Read 226 times)

Magistrix

• View Profile
Nintendo Switch Compatibility
« on: October 23, 2019, 08:44:48 AM »
Hi!

I'm porting my PS4 game to Nintendo Switch but I have some problems with Suimono plugin on this console.
So before going deeply on the issue I would ask if the compatibility with Switch is already developed.

Thank you in advance.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Nintendo Switch Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »
Hi Magistrix,  I have not done any specific code or development for the switch.  I'm not familiar with the platform or it's limitations, but if you are getting specific errors then I might be able to give some advice.

Magistrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
Hi Magistrix,  I have not done any specific code or development for the switch.  I'm not familiar with the platform or it's limitations, but if you are getting specific errors then I might be able to give some advice.

Hi!

More than errors I'm trying to get a decent performance in handheld mode, but even setting a flat ocean, no trasparency, no reflections ecc my framerate is locked to 20, disabling the water it goes to 30 smoothly. On Tv mode hasn't no problem.
Do you have any idea how can I set it to be more compatible? It should need less perfomances.

Thank you in advance!

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:03:57 AM »
It's interesting there would be such differences between desktop and handheld mode.  I assume that mode has some marked processor throttling to conserve power while on the go.

For maximum suimono performance make sure you are disabling the transparency and reflection features specifically on the Module object, as that should disable the rendering of those features completely.  Also try disabling the caustic and advanced wake effects as well.  Finally, you should make sure to disable the tessellation feature on the surface object.

Rasingin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 03:40:04 AM »
It is something that can be seen to laugh a lot.