Author Topic: SunShafts  (Read 44 times)

cyp_gam

• View Profile
SunShafts
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:32 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to ask for a bit of help. We're in a process of porting a game from PC to PS4 but have encountered a problem with Tenkoku Sunshaft effect.
The main problem is that this particular effect behaves differently within Unity editor and on the PS4 console - different behavior being color, intensity and flickering.
We're using Unity 2017.4.18f1 (version for PS4), Tenkoku version 1.1.4b.

Have you come across with a similar issue before?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: SunShafts
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
I have not seen this issue before, no.  Can you show me comparison screenshots (or even better, video) between the editor and PS4 build?  Does it look like the settings just need to be adjusted on PS4 or does it look like the effect is not rendering correctly?

cyp_gam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:35:21 AM »
Right now, I'm unable to make a video, but I do have comparison screenshots. The problem is, the settings between two builds are the same but the results are not.

More to the point, in the screenshots, in the PS4 one, the entire area where the fog is visible flickers intensly whenever the player moves the camera.

(The first image is from PS4, second from PC)

cyp_gam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:35 AM »
I'd like to clarify the problem with flickering (which we've been trying to remove, unsuccessfully).
It happens when you look towards the sun (mainly during sunrise and sunset). Flickering happens whenever you then move the camera in any direction and the affected area is the one which is covered in fog.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:03:26 AM »
Tenkoku 1.1.4 is a pretty old version (from 2017).  I would be very interested to hear if upgrading to a more recent version fixes this for you, as a lot of updates and bug fixes have gone on since 2017.  The most recent release is version 1.2.0, from March 2019.