Author Topic: UWP (Windows Muixed Reality) Camera upside Down  (Read 1857 times)

smidigi

• View Profile
UWP (Windows Muixed Reality) Camera upside Down
« on: June 19, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
Hello,
   I am developing projects for Windows Mixed Reality (UWP build) and trying to use Tenkoku.
   However, after I add it to the scene and try to play, the camera turns upside down and it just can't be used.

Any way to fix this?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: UWP (Windows Muixed Reality) Camera upside Down
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:29:40 AM »
Hi smidigi,
Upside-down views are almost always traced back to image effects on your scene camera.  Tenkoku adds a few effects to your camera, automatically, depending on the settings you use.  To debug this screen flip please try the following...

1) play your scene as normal.
2) while playing, disable all non-tenkoku image effects.
3) disable the Tenkoku 'use temporal aliasing' function in 'Configuration'.
4) disable the 'Calculate light rays' function under 'Atmospherics'.
5) disable the 'Tenkoku Sky Fog component on your scene camera.

We're looking for the point at which the screen flips back to proper view.  Once I know where the bug is I may be able to code a fix for you.

If the above doesn't help and the screen is still upside down, I would also make sure that MSAA is turned off in your Unity Settings. Go to Edit-->ProjectSettings-->Quality and disable 'antialiasing', then restart Unity and try playing your scene again.

Let me know if this helps or if you still have trouble!

smidigi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »
On the Editor, only disabling TAA makes it work, thanks. (still need to test it on a build).
Not sure how TAA is implemented on Tenkoku, but I am a bit confused why it makes this problem, since TAA from Post Processing Stack v2 doesn't make any problem.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:38:46 AM »
The TAA in Tenkoku is using a different method which I felt was more suitable than the version in the Unity PostProcessFX.  You can try just turning onn temporal aliasing in Tenkoku and use the Unity TAA instead, if it handles the aliasing/noise adequately for you.  I'll take a look at the Tenkoku aliasing effect and see if I can find where the issue might be.