Author Topic: Megasplat  (Read 2185 times)

Loopdaloop

• View Profile
Megasplat
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:08:09 AM »
Looking into getting megasplat. I saw in the unity forum megasplat post, that you and the dev were conversing to add integration between the two. Did this ever get added? I asked the MS creator and he said integrations are done by weather system devs, so he wasn't sure. Thanks

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Megasplat
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:15 AM »
Hi Loopdaloop,

I had started a Megasplat integration, and got a number of things working.  I had ideas for further implementation but it would have required some shader loops coded by the Megasplat dev.  He seemed interested in doing this, but I never heard an update from him.  And then I moved on and haven't really looked at it since.

If you do end up getting Megasplat then let me know and I'll send you my preliminary code at least.

Tenkoku does come with integration for CTS (Complete Terrai System), just FYI.

Loopdaloop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:49 AM »
Hey, I did end up getting megasplat earlier. I also have CTS, but unfortunately no matter what I change CTS stutters in my project, so I had to drop it(likely something with my hardware). I'd appreciate it if you could send me the code you have done(as I'm rather fond of your weather system and don't really want to switch to something else). My email address is tehucx@gmail.com

Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:54:00 AM by Loopdaloop »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
Let me dig up my code and review it, and I'll email it to you later today  ;)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »
I sent this via email, but for anyone else who is also using MegaSplat, you can download the integration file below.  This will control terrain features such as snow, wetness, puddles, and raindrops based on the Tenkokw weather settings.  One important thing to note is that by default snow will not accumulate unless the tenkoku temperature is below 32.  If you uncheck the 'Temperature Controls' setting on this component then snow will accumulate regardless of the tenkoku temperature setting.

INSTRUCTIONS:
// This component controls integration between Tenkoku's weather system and MegaSplat

// USAGE:
// 1. Setup Tenkoku and MegaSplat in your scene.
// 2. Drag this component onto the terrain object in your scene.

// Rain, puddles, and snow speed settings are delineated in seconds.  60 seconds = 1 minute.  If 'Use Tenkoku Time' is
// selected, then the given speed will be compressed according to Tenkoku time multiplier settings.

// When 'Temperature Controls' is checked the system will modulate the snow accumulation based on whether
// the temperature in Tenkoku is set at or below 32 degrees (f).  If the temperature is above 32 degrees
// then snow will begin to melt and snow precipitation will wet the ground like rain instead.  Also, if
// the temperature is below 32 degrees, then snow will not melt.

// When 'Melt Influences Wetness' is checked, then the terrain will apply wetness (via the RainPower setting)
// to the terrain as the snow begins to melt.  It will only do this if the snow first reaches the given melt
// threshold (see private settings below).  The wetness will then decline as normal according to rain Dry speed.

Loopdaloop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Just saw the email. Thanks for sending it.I will be sure to give it a whirl. It pretty much sounds complete, in terms of what I was hoping for, to be honest.

Thanks very much again. Will post back here if I have issues.