Author Topic: Splitscreen with Suimono and tenkoku sky  (Read 2152 times)

mattis

• View Profile
    • Youtube
Splitscreen with Suimono and tenkoku sky
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:01:09 AM »
Hey!

Possible to have 2 cameras rendering your assets? By 2 I mean when you want to make a splitscreen. :)
Instagram: AstralStorm Games
Youtube: AstralStorm Games

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Splitscreen with Suimono and tenkoku sky
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:57:17 AM »
Hi Mattis,

Currently, split screen with Suimono is problematic, due to the way it handles reflection and transparency.  It isn't really possible to get both cameras to look correct unfortunately.  Fixing this and having better multi-camera support (including split screen) is a goal I have for Suimono 3, which is currently in development.

Splitscreen in Tenkoku should be possible, as long as the two cameras aren't too far away from each other.  By default Tenkoku tracks one camera, and adds the relevant cameraFX components to that camera when the scene starts playing.  However, you can add the Tenkoku camera FX to both of your cameras manually, and they should then both be seeing proper sky rendering.  The main issue here is when you start to render the rain or snow effects, as these are local to the tracked camera position.  I'll be looking at better multi-camera support for Tenkoku once I settle on the final improvements to Suimono.

Majewski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:43:19 AM »
Hey!

Possible to have more benefits with Quick Extender Pro and 2 cameras rendering your assets? By 2 I mean when you want to make a splitscreen. :)

Great to see you're adressing this issue in Suimono 3, Chingwa. Any ETA by any chance?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:52:10 AM by Majewski »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:07 AM »
Hi Majewski, No I don't have an eta yet,  I've been hinting at Suimono 3 for a while now and I apologize I don't have solid info yet, but hopefully I'll have some more news soon!