Author Topic: Ultimate Survival & Suimono  (Read 3334 times)

gl0ckage

• View Profile
Ultimate Survival & Suimono
« on: August 10, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »
Hey all,

Decided on Suimono for my beach island needs. However im using ultimate survival and on putting the camera into suimono module it duplicates the camera.

You can only see the water if you use World Camera from ultimate survival and not the FP camera.

When close to the water it also causes a line like shown in the picture.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Ultimate Survival & Suimono
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »
Hi gl0ckage,
I'm not familiar with Ultimate Survival, but typically when using multiple cameras you'll want to go to the Suimono module Transparency settings section and remove the First Person/Weapon camera layer from the Transparency layers list.

Also when using multiple cameras it's usually recommended to set the higher camera (usually the weapon camera) to 'Forward' Rendering mode, as Unity has chronic problems when combining multiple Deferred cameras in one scene.

Let me know if this helps or if you still see issues.

gl0ckage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »
That was a quick response! Giving it a go now. Just finishing rest of my landscape.

gl0ckage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:40:27 PM »
Hi gl0ckage,
I'm not familiar with Ultimate Survival, but typically when using multiple cameras you'll want to go to the Suimono module Transparency settings section and remove the First Person/Weapon camera layer from the Transparency layers list.

Also when using multiple cameras it's usually recommended to set the higher camera (usually the weapon camera) to 'Forward' Rendering mode, as Unity has chronic problems when combining multiple Deferred cameras in one scene.

Let me know if this helps or if you still see issues.

Nope sorry this is not working.

Still has the issues. Ill look for an alternative option :S

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »
It seems like this would be a layer-related issue of some kind.  Perhaps the First-Person camera is rendering more game layers than it should?  In other systems I've seen, the weapon camera only renders a specific 'weapon' layer.  I'm not sure how it works in Ultimate Survival, but I assume it's similar?

flyncriminal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »
I have the same problem, i'm usin ultimate survival.
In suimono module in camera mode i'm in auto .

In ultimate survival the player have 2 camera, FP camera ( i think is the weapon camera) with defaut layers and untagged
and they are the world camera with defaut layers and untagged

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »
Well that seems like a real oversight on the part of Ultimate Survival!  If the second camera (weapon camera) is on the default layer then this is likely part of the problem.  Try making your own game layer called 'weapon', put your weapon objects on that layer, then set the weapon/fp camera to only render that layer with the clear flags set to 'depth only'.  Then make sure this camera is set to forward rendering path, and that the depth number is 1 higher than the world camera.

Now in Suimono make sure this weapon layer is removed from the transparency layers list on the module object, as well as the reflections layer list on the surface object.

russnash37

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:58:51 PM »
Just wanted to share, I bought this asset yesterday and had the same problem with Ultimate Survival.  I found a fix though, on the SUIMONO_Module, turn off the 'Set Automatic Layers' option and all is well again.