Author Topic: Problem on Arch Linux w/ Unity 2017  (Read 3895 times)

alberto2000

• View Profile
Problem on Arch Linux w/ Unity 2017
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
Using most current Unity 2017 from AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/unity-editor/
I bought your asset as it states: compatible to Win, Mac, Linux
The problem is that when Play is pressed, the rendered game is all white/black. See screenshots:

When editing it looks alright

As soon as Play is pressed, it looks all white and black

Can you help me please? It looks like a graphics/driver issue to me. Thanks

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Problem on Arch Linux w/ Unity 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Hi alberto2000,
I haven't tested with Linux personally, but I have had customers confirm proper operation on Linux in the past.  It's possible there is a problem with linux compatibility with one of the image effects that Tenkoku uses.  I recommend going to the Tenkoku configuration settings and try enabling "Disable MSAA" as well as Disabling "Use Temporal Aliasing".  There is currently an issue between Temporal Aliasing and proper operation on Mac, and it might be a similar issue for Linux.

If that doesn't help I also recommend to disable 'Calculate Light Rays' under the Atmospherics section... though there have been fewer issues reported with this function.

Let me know if the above helps or if you still see rendering issues!

alberto2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:59:55 AM »
I will test that right now, thanks!

alberto2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:21:20 AM »
Chingwa, that was it, after disabling "Use Temporal Aliasing" it works! Thanks! Is this something that's going to be fixed in an upcoming release?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:55:30 AM »
I had adapted the temporal aliasing from elsewhere and incorporated it before realizing that Mac (and apparently Linux) had issues with it.  I haven't found an alternative that looks as good as this one, so I'll have to dig through all the code and see if I can determine why this is a problem... Hopefully I can figure it out.

In the meantime you can try using the Temporal aliasing included with Unity's Post Processing effects stack, though in my experience it doesn't look as good for blending the sky and clouds.

simonmc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
Hi guys,

We just encountered a similar (Same?) issue when trying to use the included temporal aliasing while using the OpenGLCore rendertarget.

The issue just appears to be that some of the subshaders don't have glcore in the renderer compile pragmas.

Adding glcore to all the only_renderers #pragma's in Tenkoku_TemporalReprojection.shader and Tenkoku_VelocityBuffer.shader makes temporal aliasing work properly under OpenGLCore.

Simon

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »
Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for the advice!  I will implement these shader updates for the next release :)

foley2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
I have the same problem on Linux Mint 18.2 using Unity 2017.1.1.xf1 Linux Personal.
Graphics card on this laptop is a GeForce 670MX.
Temporal aliasing seems to be the culprit on Linux.

Legacy clouds work, but the default clouds look pixelated.
My other system with a 1080FE looks amazing.

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:55:37 AM »
Foley, send me an email at konnichiwa@tanukidigital.com and I can send you an in-progress update that might fix this for you.