Author Topic: Change position of infinity ocean  (Read 156 times)

CleRIC

• View Profile
Change position of infinity ocean
« on: July 29, 2017, 02:50:42 AM »
Hello!
I have a problem with changing position of infinity ocean.
I added a line code to that part in SuimonoObject.cs and after that I got next result (you can see video).

Code: [Select]
//update position
if (currentPosition != transformSuimonoObject.position)
{
currentPosition = transformSuimonoObject.position;
savePos = new Vector2(setScaleX, setScaleZ);
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.isPaused = true;
}

I tested it and got that it can produced with TAA of PostFX. Without TAA water is working fine.
How can I avoid that problem?

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: Change position of infinity ocean
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »
Thanks for the video.  I had not noticed this issue on my end before, but I just did a test with the PostProcess stack and the TAA effect and yes I do see what you mean.  There is a very slight shift in the update of the water.  This is being caused by the TAA blending the info in your scene from one frame to the next... and shows up in the water because there is a position update in the detailed water plane as you move around the infinite ocean.

This is just inherent in the way TAA works, because it blends screen info from one frame to the next.  You will see similar artifacts on any fast moving object, or any object that moves a large distance in the space of a single frame (like the infinite ocean update)

To be honest I'm not sure what the solution would be... other than hacking the TAA effect so that it doesn't apply to the ocean/water layer, but I'm not sure if this is even possible.  You may need to consider different AA (non-temporal version).

For what it's worth, future Suimono 3.0 will likely not have this issue since it doesn't handle infinite ocean the same way the 2.x version does.  But I still have no idea when 3.0 will be coming... it won't be anytime soon.  I should have more info about 3.0 later this year.

Teeraporl

• View Profile
Re: Change position of infinity ocean
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:55:04 AM »
I think that it changed the world to the world at all times.