Author Topic: UPDATE: 7/14/2017 - Suimono Version 2.1.4 Released  (Read 3455 times)

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
UPDATE: 7/14/2017 - Suimono Version 2.1.4 Released
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that Suimono version 2.1.4 is now ready for download...

Download Here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/download

This is a maintenance update that fixes a number of issues that had been reported over the past few months.  Particularly, preset transitions are now back and working as expected.  There are new transition code function options, so if you'd like to use these in your project please see the brief writeup below.  This release has been tested and is confirmed working with both Unity 5.6.2 and the newly released Unity 2017.1, however if you run into any problems while using these latest versions please let me know.

Suimono 3.0?
Suimono started life as a relatively basic interactive water system on the Asset Store way back in September 2012!  Over the years it has been under continuous development in order to offer new features and to keep pace with Unity feature updates.  Suimono and Unity have both grown and improved exponentially during that time.  That being said, the system has some weak points that are difficult to address in it's current form.

Over the past 6 months I have been researching experimental water rendering possibilities, in order to improve Suimono and address these weak points.  I am still in the research phase but am excited by this progress so far.  My main goals for this research include improved water and wave rendering, much improved performance overhead, better multi-camera and VR support, and deeper integration with modern Unity tech (SSR, Deferred Shading etc.).

Timeframe is not decided, but I hope to have a more detailed picture of what version 3.0 will bring a little later this year.

As always, let me know if you have problems/questions/feedback etc, either by email or on the forums!

All the best,
Justin Kellis
Tanuki Digital

-----------------------------
RELEASE NOTES - Version 2.1.4
-----------------------------
WHAT'S NEW:
- Preset Transitions have now been updated and re-enabled.
- Added new 'Reflection Sharpen' option to UI under 'Water Surface' settings.
- Added 'Max Depth Range' option to shoreline generation to narrow down appropriate shore wave resolution.
- Added 'Texture Resolution' setting to Shoreline Object UI.
- Added 'Underwater Transition Threshold' setting to UI.
- Added Event Broadcasting to fx_object components.

CHANGES:
- Suimono no longer forces Y-scale of 1.0 when using custom mesh. (Be careful with your custom meshes though!)
- Removed deprecated internal function call 'PresetDoTransition()'.

BUG FIXES:
- Fixed bug with consistent Fog and foam.  Depth rendering is now independent of camera far clip distance.
- Edited Preset Encoding to use InvariantCulture checks. (Big thanks to craftyfirefox on the TD forums!)
- Fixed error with Shoreline rendering waves inside terrain areas.
- Fixed bug with Infinite Ocean mode not always choosing correct mesh.
- Addressed errant bug with Layer assignment and physics matrix configuration.
- Code reference updates to use Type-based Find instead of Name-based Find().
- Re-Enabled 'Scene Track Object' inheritance when not explicitly set (fixes loss of audio and fx problem).
- Fixed occasional error with random assignment losing references.
- Fixed overbrightening of underwater transparency and reflection.
- Fixed bug that prevented deletion of Module system effects entries.
- Fixed 'Wave Scale' UI bug that greyed it out in Infinite Ocean mode with custom settings active.
- Fixed intermittent preset data loss while working in editor (causing error spam and UI breakage).
- Fixed intermittent layer data loss while working in editor.

PRESET TRANSITION FUNCTION OPTIONS:

Option 1:  it is assumed that preset is in the "Built-In Presets" folder.
SuimonoTransitionPreset((string)preset name, (float)transition time in seconds);

Option 2:  For accessing presets in a custom folder name.
SuimonoTransitionPreset((string)preset folder name, (string)preset name, (float)transition time in seconds);

Option 3:  For transitioning directly from one preset to another, when presets are in same folder.
SuimonoTransitionPreset((string)preset folder name, (string)from preset name, (string)to preset name, (float)transition time in seconds);

Option 4:  For transitioning directly from one preset to another, when presets are in different folders.
SuimonoTransitionPreset((string)from preset folder name, (string)from preset name, (string)to preset folder name, (string)to preset name, (float)transition time in seconds);

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:44:10 AM by Chingwa »