Author Topic: unity 5.6.1 problem  (Read 70 times)

Darkmonk

• View Profile
unity 5.6.1 problem
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
Hi,

I recently had to upgrade my project to Unity 5.6.1f now when i create a build the scene does not look correct, the lighting on all my trees and rocks placed on the terrain get very bright, the only warning that appears is
- "RenderTexture.Create: Depth|ShadowMap RenderTexture requested without a depth buffer. Changing to a 16 bit depth buffer."

This only happens when using defered rending and did not happen when i was using Unity version 5.5.2. so it is new to the latest version of unity.
I am currently using Tenkoku version 1.1.5

Any advice would be very helpful as this is for a client and I really need to get this sorted quickly :(
Thanks,

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
Re: unity 5.6.1 problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:54:06 PM »
Hi Darkmonk,
I'm not sure if the warning message in your build log would necessarily contribute to your overbrightening problem.  I did some tests and I also receive the same warning when I check my build log, both in Tenkoku 1.1.5 and 1.1.5e... I don't have this issue with the upcoming 1.1.6 update.  But in all these versions I didn't see any difference between editor rendering and build rendering.

Is it possible to post a screenshot showing the difference between your editor view and build view?  Seeing a comparison might help me determine what's happening.

Darkmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 02:18:01 AM »
hi thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)

attached is an image showing the 2 different states.
I have managed to recreate the effect in the scene view so i can show the changes exactly.
The overbrightening only affects objects that have been placed as trees on the terrain, so in the image you can see the trees and the small rocks on the ground all get brighter, these are all placed as trees on the terrain.

Not sure if this would make a difference but i am also using the Relief Terrain Pack on my terrain. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/5664

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:02:33 AM by Darkmonk »

Chingwa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tanuki Digital
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »
From your screenshot, it seems like it's occurring on the rock objects as well as the trees.  Or basically anything that isn't the terrain/grass?  It almost looks like the ambient reflection probe contribution... but I'm not sure why that would change between editor and build.

You can try turning off the Tenkoku reflection probe, under the configuration settings section, as it looks like you have very little ambient reflection conribution anyway(?), it would be interesting to see if this would indeed keep things consistent from editor to build.

Also, the Tenkoku 1.1.6 update is almost ready and perhaps might work better for you in this case (I don't get the rendertexture warning message in 1.1.6).  If you would like to try a preview version of 1.1.6, I can post a direct link of my current updates for you to download and try on your end. Email me your invoice number at konnichiwa@tanukidigital.com (Your invoice number is 9-digits and should start with 302 or 303.  If it doesn't appear on your invoice, you can check it on the Asset Store by logging into your account and checking the credit card/paypal section)

Darkmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
Hi,

yeah the rock small prefabs are being applied to the terrain as if they were trees so I tihnk this is why they are also having the problem.
I tried turning off the reflection probe but it made no difference :(

Will send you an Email now with my invoice details

Darkmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:35:08 AM »
Hi,

Ive just tried your new version 1.1.6 and i still get the same warning message and its not changed anything :(
I did a test import into a completly clean project and opened your demo scene _Tenkoku_Demo_Scene and changed your camera to Deferred then pressed play, this brings up the warning message
RenderTexture.Create: Depth|ShadowMap RenderTexture requested without a depth buffer. Changing to a 16 bit depth buffer.

Ill do some more research to see if i can get you some more info.

simonmc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 12:22:32 AM »
Hi guys,

I encountered something similar and the issue is the reflection probe, as Chingwa assumed. Enabling reflection probe and making sure Update FPS wasn't zero fixed the visual aftifacts for me.

I do still get that warning, but it doesn't appear to affect anything.

Darkmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 04:13:48 AM »
Interesting, ill have another look into the reflection probes then and see how it affects things, thanks Simonmc always good to hear from somebody else who has experience a similar issue.